We are seeking a WordPress Web Developer who is eager to help us build great web experiences for the audiences of our media. You will be joining an international remote team that creates content for clovio’s websites. Through our media brands, we inform consumers and professionals about the products and services that serve their needs best.
With your coding skills and web development knowledge you will help us with front-end and back-end development of content-oriented websites and applications. You will get to work with existing plugins, develop your own plugins and solutions, and bring to life various other custom solutions for mostly WordPress-driven websites.
- Creating custom plugins, applications for WordPress.
- Integrating third-party plugins and solutions.
- Working with our content team, management to create new initiatives.
- Improving front-end, back-end code for a seamless cross-device experience.
- Guaranteeing optimal site performance and uptime.
- Coordinating work with freelance developers and interns.
- Giving back to the open source community.
Experience & Background
You are adept at developing websites and applications and gained experience through personal projects or previous positions. To become our Web Developer, your expertise should include the following:
- PHP and MySQL: Good command of both languages to customize WordPress solutions, perform database maintenance…
- CSS and HTML: Creating and optimizing code for a smooth user experience of our websites across all devices and browsers.
- WordPress and Gutenberg Editor: Familiarity with developing plugins, themes, and solutions for WordPress and its latest developments, including Gutenberg.
- Site speed and performance optimization: Optimizing the performance of code and websites for loading speed improvements and continuously crushing PageSpeed Insights scores.
- Server maintenance and administration: Ensuring websites and servers are kept up-to-date and are regularly backed up.
With your communication skills and knowledge of written and spoken English, you can work together with the team to create new online projects. You are comfortable organizing your flexible work schedule and know how to document your work.
- An exciting full-time job in a young international company active in a rapidly growing industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Open-ended full-time employment contract.
- Meal and home office allowance.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Company laptop and other work materials provided.
- Future rewards plan.
- Opportunity to grow further within the organization.
- Flexibility to work from home and one day per week from the clovio studio in Alvalade, Lisbon.
- More about working with clovio…
Drop us an email at email@example.com with your CV and a few lines about yourself in English so we can get to know you better, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.